John Milton Complete Shorter Poems
May 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- The first volume to represent an original spelling edition of Milton’s Complete Shorter Poems, offering readers the opportunity to experience the vitality of the poems as they were experienced by Milton’s contemporaries
- Presents a range of Milton’s shorter verse in their original form, incorporating spelling and punctuation, rhythms and sound qualities which may be lost in other editions of Milton’s poetry
- Key feature is the inclusion of the original Latin poems, accompanied by a brand new English translation, provided on facing-pages for cross-comparison
- Edited by prominent Milton scholar, Stella Revard
- In addition, the series editor is Barbara Lewalski, one of the world’s leading Milton scholars. The book follows the successful Paradise Lost (original text) edition, which published in 2007 under the editorship of Barbara Lewalski