The Formation of a Persecuting Society: Authority and Deviance in Western Europe 950-1250, 2nd Edition
January 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- New edition of a classic text in medieval history, written by one of the leading scholars on heresy.
- Argues controversially that the persecution of minority groups - Jews, lepers, heretics - was part of a pattern whereby Europe became, as it has remained, a persecuting society.
- Extends the original argument with a new final chapter.
- Considers the impact of a generation's research and addresses criticisms of the first edition.
- Includes a new preface and critical biography.