The Equine Hospital Manual
June 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The Equine Hospital Manual covers the range of procedures used on hospitalized adult horses and foals from the simple to the advanced. The book is liberally illustrated with photographs and line drawings.
- Basic skills including physical examination, blood collection, and bandaging
- Advanced skills including mechanical ventilation, lung biopsy and cardiac output measurement
- Designing and setting up an equine hospital
- Therapeutic drugs used in horses and their doses
- Nutrition for hospital patients, including TPN and PPN
- Fluid therapy – choices, amounts and pitfalls
- Anaesthesia – equipment, techniques and post-operative care including analgesia
Reflecting the substantial trend in recent years to treat horses in a hospital rather than in the field, this book provides all you need to know whether you have facilities to treat one or one hundred horses.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Equine Hospital Manual (US $169.99)
-and- Equine Injury, Therapy and Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition (US $51.99)
Total List Price: US $221.98
Discounted Price: US $166.48 (Save: US $55.50)