How to Read the Victorian Novel
November 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- Offers a unique introduction to Victorian classics such as The Pickwick Papers, David Copperfield, Jane Eyre, The Woman in White, and Middlemarch
- Examines the complexities and the contemporary relevance of the Victorian novel, breathing new life into the genre for contemporary students
- Uses sample readings and contextual analysis to illuminate the unique nature of the Victorian novel and its complexities
- Surveys the variety of the genre and explores the cultural and historical developments of the form itself
- Poses a series of “big questions” pertaining to form, and to race, class, money, and industry in Victorian novels