Cancer Care for Adolescents and Young Adults
January 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
• Builds on the forthcoming NICE guidelines on Supportive Cancer Care for Children & Young People, and recent Department of Health guidelines & policy initiatives
• Adopts an integrated inter-professional approach
• Contains evidence-based contributions from leading professionals in cancer care
Cancer in Adolescents and Young Adults is an essential resource for all those involved with the provision of care and support for adolescents and young adults with cancer.
About the Editors:
Dr Daniel Kelly is Reader in Cancer & Palliative Care, Middlesex University, London.
Dr Faith Gibson is Senior Lecturer in Children’s Nursing Research, Institute of Child Health, Great Ormond Street Hospital and King’s College London.
Daniel Kelly and Faith Gibson.
A Young Person's Experience : Life Before Treatment .
1. Cancer in Adolescence: Incidence and Policy Issues .
Jeremy Whelan and Lorna Fern.
2. The Physical and Emotional Impact of Cancer in.
Adolescents and Young Adults .
3. The Impact of Cancer on Parents and Families .
4. The Impact of Adolescent Cancer on Healthcare Professionals .
A Young Person's Experience : Life During Treatment .
5. Supportive Care for Adolescents and Young Adults.
During Cancer Treatment .
J. Neale Hanvey and Alison Finch.
6. Getting on With Life During Treatment .
7. End of Treatment Issues: Looking to the Future .
Nelia Langeveld and Julia Arbuckle.
A Young Person's Experience : Life After Treatment.
or Chemotherapy Saves the Lost Boy .
8. Long-term Effects of Cancer Treatment .
Gill Levitt and Debra Eshelman.
9. Palliation and End of Life Care Issues .
Maggie Bisset, Sue Hutton, and Daniel Kelly.
10. Building a Culture of Participation: Young People's Involvement.
in Research .
11. Developing an Integrated Approach to the Care of Adolescents.
and Young Adults with Cancer .
Daniel Kelly and Faith Gibson.
Useful Contacts .
Dr Faith Gibson is Senior Lecturer in Children's Nursing Research, Institute of Child Health, Great Ormond Street Hospital and King's College London.
* Builds on national NICE and DH guidelines
* Adopts an integrated inter-professional approach
* Examines the effects of treatment, rehabilitation and palliative care
–Simon Davies, Chief Executive Officer, Teenage Cancer Trust
"Speaking as a parent this book has made very interesting reading. I wish I had had the opportunity to have read this book whilst my son was actually on treatment, so much makes sense and so much is explained. It really showed what is "normal " behaviour of a teenager with cancer and that is so reassuring to read. There are many lines of the book that rang home as being so true. For example the view of the 17 year old who said that one had to 'get through life', not over it, getting on with life, normal life."
–Ginny Macintyre, Parent
Cancer Care for Adolescents and Young Adults (US $82.99)
-and- Neuroscience Nursing: Evidence-Based Theory and Practice (US $71.99)
Total List Price: US $154.98
Discounted Price: US $116.23 (Save: US $38.75)