Understanding Emotions, 2nd Edition
March 2006, ©2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Keith Oatley and Jennifer M. Jenkins’s best-selling book on the psychology of emotions is the most highly regarded and engaging text for the emotions course. While retaining its interdisciplinary breadth, historical insights, and engaging format, this new edition adds the expertise of outstanding researcher and dedicated teacher Dacher Keltner. The second edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest research and developments in emotions and includes the following features:
- Cohesive synthesis of evolutionary and cultural approaches to emotion
- New chapters on communication of emotion, bodily changes, and appraisal
- Increased emphasis on interpersonal implications of emotions, including studies of newly discovered expressions and systems of communication
- New coverage on moral judgment, individual differences, gene-environment interactions, and positive emotions
- New coverage of subjective well-being and pro-social emotions like gratitude and compassion
- Updated references throughout reflect current research and data, including research on affective neuroscience
- A new design and pedagogical features include new integrated boxes that depict historical landmarks and historical figures, updated tables, boldfaced terms, and end-of-chapter summaries.
An Instructor’s Manual with lecture notes and teaching tips is available upon request. Please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/oatley.