Genre, Gender, Race and World Cinema: An Anthology
September 2006, ©2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Genre, Gender, Race, and World Cinema is an innovative anthology that introduces the study of film theory using the four topics of genre, gender, race, and world cinema, to encourage critical discussion.
- A major anthology geared towards course use, which covers key concepts in film studies through analysis of important films from American, Asian, European and African cinema
- Combines formal, historical, cultural, and theoretical approaches to study
- Analyzes how film represents and influences individual and societal constructs of identity
- Uses selected readings to introduce inter-textual relations between the readings and the films they discuss
- Contains section introductions that map the themes and histories of each topic, and raise theoretical issues specific to each