Assessing and Managing the Acutely Ill Adult Surgical Patient
September 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
Part one addresses principles of surgical care for all patients undergoing surgery — including pre-operative assessment and preparation, the peri-operative period and post-operative recovery, post-operative pain management and psychosocial aspects of surgery — which underpin the knowledge and rationale for practice. Part two considers specific surgical conditions and interventions, organised according to surgical specialities. Each chapter considers the underlying patho-physiology, investigation and diagnosis, assessment, monitoring and management of common acute surgical conditions within that specialty.
1. Pre-Operative assessment and preparation.
2. The Peri-Operative Phase.
3. Post-Operative Recovery.
4. Post-Operative Pain Management.
5. Psychosocial Aspects of Surgery.
PART 2: SURGICAL SPECIALITIES.
6. Head and Neck Surgery.
7. Vascular Surgery.
8. Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery.
9. Surgery of the Lower Gastrointestinal Tract.
10. Urological Surgery.
11. Women’s Health.
12. Orthopaedic Surgery.
13. Identifying and Managing Life-Threatening Situations.
14. Self-Test Answers
* Stresses the importance of detailed observation and monitoring of surgical patients who may become critically ill
* Highlights early warning signs of deterioration and identifies potential complications
* Uses case studies to illustrate the application of theory to practice
* Explores nursing management of common acute surgical conditions
"This book will be a welcome addition to library shelves, and it provides a useful resource for nurses working in a range of surgical areas." (Nursing Standard)
"Aimed at newly qualified staff, operating department practitioners and adult nursing students." (Science Direct)
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Assessing and Managing the Acutely Ill Adult Surgical Patient (US $79.99)
-and- Neuroscience Nursing: Evidence-Based Theory and Practice (US $74.99)
Total List Price: US $154.98
Discounted Price: US $116.23 (Save: US $38.75)