Ethical Theory: An Anthology
July 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Ethical Theory: An Anthology is an authoritative collection of key essays by top scholars in the field, addressing core issues including consequentialism, deontology, and virtue ethics, as well as traditionally underrepresented topics such as moral knowledge and moral responsibility.
- Brings together seventy-six classic and contemporary pieces by renowned philosophers, from classic writing by Hume and Kant to contemporary writing by Derek Parfit, Susan Wolf, and Judith Jarvis Thomson
- Guides students through key areas in the field, among them consequentialism, deontology, contractarianism, and virtue ethics
- Includes coverage of metaethics, normative ethics, and practical ethics
- Reaches beyond traditional texts by also including important, but usually
underrepresented, topics such as moral knowledge, moral standing, moral
responsibility, and ethical particularism
- Raises questions about the status and rational authority of morality