Manual of Smoking Cessation: A Guide for Counsellors and Practitioners
June 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- Distils the key messages to be incorporated in smoking cessation services.
- Includes multiple choice questions to test and reinforce knowledge.
- Arms the reader with frequently asked questions posed by clients, along with suggested ideal answers.
- Offers model statements to share with clients, tailored to specific scenarios.
- Provides advice on pharmacotherapies, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) and Bupropion (Zyban); supplemented by appendices related to prescribing.
- Coverage ranges from brief interventions to intensive one-to-one support, along with telephone counselling and group interventions.