Clinical Assessment and Monitoring in Children
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The book adopts a physical systems approach, discusses assessment strategies and tools (starting with the least invasive and moving to the more complex) and examines how to analyse and apply the information to provide ongoing care. Each chapter explores physical assessment and examination whilst maintaining the focus on the child and the family.
Clinical Assessment and Monitoring in Children assumes no prior knowledge, and provides the knowledge and skills needed to underpin decision-making and provide effective evidence-based care. This is an invaluable resource for all health care practitioners involved in caring for children.
• Explores assessment and monitoring of children from 0 – 16 years
• Draws upon National Service Frameworks and clinical practice guidelines
• Adopts a system by system approach
• Provides knowledge and skills needed to underpin decision-making and provide effective evidence-based care
• Includes hints on trouble-shooting and gaining the child and family’s co-operation
• Includes case studies and suggested further reading