English Phonetics and Phonology: An Introduction, 2nd Edition
September 2012, ©2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The second edition of the popular English Phonetics and Phonology textbook has been extensively updated and expanded to offer greater flexibility for teachers and increased support for non-native speakers studying the sound systems of English.
- An ideal introduction to the study of the sound systems of English, designed for those with no previous knowledge of the subject
- Second edition now rigorously updated and expanded to reflect feedback from existing students and to increase support for non-native speakers of English
- Benefits from a useful introduction to articulatory phonetics, along with coverage of the main aspects of the phonological structure of present-day English
- Features a completely new chapter on the relationship between English spelling and pronunciation, extended coverage of intonation, and extensive revisions to sections on rhythm, word stress, intonation and varieties of English worldwide
- Will include invaluable chapter-by-chapter exercises, linked to sound files available on the accompanying website at www.wiley.com/go/carrphonetics (available upon publication)