The Architects' Handbook
October 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
Including over 300 case studies, the Handbook is organised by building type and concentrates very much on practical examples. It includes:
· a brief introduction to the key design considerations for
each building type
· numerous plans, sections and elevations for the building
· references to key technical standards and design
· a comprehensive bibliography for most building types
The book also includes sections on designing for accessibility,
drawing practice, and metric and imperial conversion tables.
To browse sample pages please see http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/architectsdata
Education: Universities and Colleges.
Education: Art, Design and Media Studios.
Halls of Residence and Hostels.
Health Service Buildings.
Housing and Residential Buildings.
Libraries and Learning Resource Centres.
Museums and Art Galleries.
Restaurants and Catering Facilities.
Shops and Retail.
Theatres and Art Centres.
Zoos ad Aquariums.
Design for Accessibility.
Drawing Practice and Presentation.
Bibliography and References.
Conversion of Units.
Quentin comes from a publishing family and has contributed both
artwork and the written word to several books. He has been chair of
the Aqua Group since 1989 and has been closely involved with
several recent editions of three of the Group’s books
(Pre-Contract Practice, Contract Administration, and Tenders and
Contracts for Building, all published by Blackwell
He is the RIBA Conservation Advisor and has commented on numerous consultation documents and has taken part in several radio interviews. He set up the RIBA London Region Conservation Group, and he has helped to establish the national Register of Architects Accredited in Building Conservation. Quentin teaches on the Architectural Association Professional Practice Part 3 course, on the subject of building contracts. For several years he led building conservation teaching at South Bank University, as well as lecturing in architectural history, design and drawing practice. He has also lectured at several other universities and colleges, mainly in London. He has always believed strongly in the need for greater co-operation within the construction industry, and he was chair of the Junior Liaison Organisation in 1984. He is a member of ICOMOS and a freeman of the Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects.
* examines each main building type, with a brief introduction to the key design considerations
* features numerous plans, sections and elevations for the building examples
* provides references to key technical standards and design guidance plus a comprehensive bibliography for most building types
* includes over 300 case studies
* complements Neufert's Architects' Data which concentrates on measurements and data
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Architects' Handbook (US $77.99)
Total List Price: US $107.94
Discounted Price: US $80.95 (Save: US $26.99)