Art's Agency and Art History
June 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Art's Agency and Art History re-articulates the relationship of the anthropology of art to key methodological and theoretical approaches in art history, sociology, and linguistics.
- Explores important concepts and perspectives in the anthropology of art
- Includes nine groundbreaking case studies by an internationally renowned group of art historians and art theorists
- Covers a wide range of periods, including Bronze-Age China, Classical Greece, Rome, and Mayan, as well as the modern Western world
- Features an introductory essay by leading experts, which helps clarify issues in the field
- Includes numerous illustrations