Variationist Sociolinguistics: Change, Observation, Interpretation
October 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Represents the most up-to-date coverage of the history, developments, and methodologies of variationist sociolinguistics
- Addresses all aspects of linguistic variation, including areas not usually covered in introductory texts, e.g. the phonological, morpho-syntactic, discourse/pragmatic
- Outlines comparative sociolinguistic approach, data collection, methodological issues; and addresses state-of-the-art contemporary quantitative methods and statistical practice
- Features cutting-edge research at an appropriate level to facilitate student learning
- Engages students throughout with a variety of pedagogical features, including Mini Quizzes to test comprehension, extensive Exercises at the end of each chapter, the opportunity to do hands-on quantitative analysis of a never-before published data set, and Notes and Tips that offer insight into conducting sociolinguistic research. Extra materials and answers to the exercises are available at www.wiley.com/go/tagliamonte
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Variationist Sociolinguistics: Change, Observation, Interpretation (US $103.95)
-and- Intercultural Communication: A Discourse Approach, 3rd Edition (US $46.95)
Total List Price: US $150.90
Discounted Price: US $113.17 (Save: US $37.73)