The Anthropology of Globalization: A Reader, 2nd Edition
October 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Updated with a fresh introduction and brand new selections, the second edition of The Anthropology of Globalization collects some of the decade’s finest work on globalization, focusing on the increasing interconnectedness of people around the world, and the culturally specific ways in which these connections are mediated.
- Provides a rich introduction to the subject
- Grounds the study of globalization ethnographically by locating global processes in everyday practice
- Addresses the global flow of capital, people, commodities, media, and ideologies
- Offers extensive geographic coverage: from Africa and Asia to the Caribbean, Europe, and North America
- Updated edition includes new selections, section introductions, and recommendations for further reading