A World Beyond Difference: Cultural Identity in the Age of Globalization
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
2. The Tradition of Rational Utopianism.
A Durable Ideal.
Scientific Discovery and Universal Rights.
World History and World Revolution.
3. The Cultural Contradictions of Globalization.
Free Trade Globalization.
4. (Anti)Globalization from Below.
The Dilemmas of Resistance.
Two Approaches to (Anti)Globalization.
5. Human Rights Pluralism and Universalism.
Rationalism, Religion, and Utopia.
The Limits of Liberal Evangelism.
The Collective Rights Dilemma.
6. Postmodernism’s Revolt against Order.
Civil Society and Extraparliamentary Democracy.
7. The New Neo-Marxism.
The Moment of Disillusionment.
From Empire to Earthly City.
The End of Revolution.
8. Paradigms of Postcolonial Liberation.
Cultural Particularism and Universalism.
The Colonial Condition and its Aftermath.
The Language of Imperialism.
Diversity as a Universal Project.
The Grammar of Culture.