Conformism and Critique in Liberal Society
October 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This internationally-authored and edited book contains a wide-ranging examination of the role of critique in education in liberal democracies.
- Motivated by a concern for social justice and improvement in education.
- International in focus, containing contributions from authors in nine different countries.
- Covers topics such as negative critique, critique and relativism, critique and utopianism, and the limits of critique.
- Brings out the contrasts and similarities between European and Anglophone treatments of these issues.
- Structured in a debate format, so that each chapter is paired with a piece that engages critically with it.