A New Sociology of Work?
March 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This book asks what might be required of “a new sociology of work” and why such a project is vital for understanding people’s working lives at the start of the twenty-first century.
- A collection of essays examining the concept of work, questioning what constitutes work, and where work ends and other activities begin.
- Acknowledges the work that goes on outside formal employment, in the family, the community and within various institutions.
- Highlights the importance of understanding the broad range of experiences of work in order to provide a more meaningful account of people’s work practices.
- Draws on studies which explore how localized temporal, temporal and socio-economic factors shape people’s experiences.
- The editors develop a distinctive theoretical framework and draw together key conclusions and policy recommendations.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
A New Sociology of Work? (US $39.95)
Total List Price: US $74.90
Discounted Price: US $56.17 (Save: US $18.73)