Photography and Philosophy: Essays on the Pencil of Nature
February 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This anthology offers a fresh approach to the philosophical aspects of photography. The essays, written by contemporary philosophers in a thorough and engaging manner, explore the far-reaching ethical dimensions of photography as it is used today.
- A first-of-its-kind anthology exploring the link between the art of photography and the theoretical questions it raises
- Written in a thorough and engaging manner
- Essayists are all contemporary philosophers who bring with them an exceptional understanding of the broader metaphysical issues pertaining to photography
- Takes a fresh look at some familiar issues - photographic truth, objectivity, and realism
- Introduces newer issues such as the ethical use of photography or the effect of digital-imaging technology on how we appreciate images