Spiritualities of Life: New Age Romanticism and Consumptive Capitalism
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
* An enlightening book which explores the ways in which spirituality has been experienced and valued in Western society
* Traces the development of modern spirituality, from the origins of Romanticism in the eighteenth century, through to the counter-cultural sixties and on to the wellbeing culture of today
* Explores the belief that modern spirituality is merely an extension of capitalism in which people consume spirituality without giving anything back
* Contends that much of the wide range of popular mind-body-spirit practices are really an ethically charged force for the 'good life', helping us to find balance in the demands of twenty-first century living
* Written by an acknowledged world-leader working in the field
* Completes a trilogy of books including The Spiritual Revolution (2005, with Linda Woodhead) and The New Age Movement (1996), charting the rise and influence of spirituality today.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Spiritualities of Life: New Age Romanticism and Consumptive Capitalism (US $113.95)
Total List Price: US $136.90
Discounted Price: US $102.67 (Save: US $34.23)