Illustrating Fashion, 2nd Edition
April 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
Examples of the media available and different drawing techniques are presented in a student-friendly form, with detailed explanations of how to represent fabrics, create and use templates and stencils, and make specification and working drawings.
The presentation in this new edition has been updated throughout, using modern software techniques, the resource drawings now have a more contemporary look, and coloured illustrations are included for the first time.
How drawing has changed over the decades.
How to get into the illustration mode: a series of drawing exercises.
How to analyse figure drawing for use in fashion illustration.
How to draw men, women and children: body proportion, head, hands and feet, racial characteristics.
Selection of relevant poses: men, women and children.
How to illustrate fabrics showing a variety of media and techniques, translated onto fashion figures.
Developing a personal style.
Type of illustrations and their use: how to draw good clear specification drawings (technical and working drawings) and drawings for specific areas, e.g. active sportswear, lingerie etc.
A gallery of contemporary styles of illustration.
Janine Munslow is Programme Leader for the BA (Honours) Fashion Marketing degree course at Northumbria University, Newcastle. She worked as a fashion and textile designer in London before setting up her own design label partnership, Guerrilla Farm, wholesaling in Europe, USA and the Far East and with established retailing outlets in London.
- every fashion student must know how to execute competent and exciting illustrations
- student-friendly text - suitable both for self-teaching and studio work
- lavishly illustrated in full colour throughout
- unique in showing how to produce fashion illustrations not only for women, but also for men and children
- includes many new and novel features: drawing different racial types of heads; drawing hands and feet; producing clear specification drawings; illustrating for specialist areas such as active sportswear, etc
Illustrating Fashion, 2nd Edition (US $56.99)
-and- Fashion Design: Process, Innovation and Practice, 2nd Edition (US $55.00)
Total List Price: US $111.99
Discounted Price: US $83.99 (Save: US $28.00)