From Shane to Kill Bill: Rethinking the Western
April 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
From Shane to Kill Bill: Rethinking the Western is an original and compelling critical history of the American Western film.
- Provides an insightful overview of the American Western genre
- Covers the entire history of the Western, from 1939 to the present
- Analyses Westerns as products of a genre, as well as expressions of political and social desires
- Deepens an audience’s understanding of the genre’s most important works, including Shane, Stagecoach, The Searchers, Unforgiven, and Kill Bill
- Contains numerous illustrations of the films and issues discussed.