Italian Baroque Art
August 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- Brings together important classic and recent secondary literature on the art of Italy, c. 1600-1780
- Examines many of the major artistic themes and issues that scholars in the field continue to grapple with, and that characterize this especially rich, if turbulent, period in the development of art history
- Explores themes including: style or the visuality of art; artistic practices and production; artistic communication as projected and experienced; and artists’ interactions with the ancient world and with the new sciences
- Examines the work of key painters, architects and sculptors from this period, including Caravaggio, Bernini, Guarini and Poussin
- Published in the expanding Blackwell Anthologies in Art History series