April 2008, BMJ Books
- Written by leading world figures in the evidence-based
- Includes free CD-ROM with PC eBook and sample PDA chapter
- Methodology of reviewing and appraising evidence discussed in
the context of cancer management
- Clinical sections covering prevention and screening
- Chapters on treatment of the individual major cancers review
the current best available evidence to most frequently asked
- Rigorously structured explicit searches, evidence of efficacy
and harms, plus comment around clinical scenarios
- Free-access update website keeping the text current and live: www.evidbasedoncology.com
Levels of Evidence and Grades of Recommendation.
Section I: Principles and Practice of "Critical Appraisal".
Section II: Cancer Prevention.
Section III: Screening for Cancers.
Section IV: Treating Tumours of the Respiratory System.
Section V: Treating Gastrointestinal System.
Section VIII: Treating Breast Cancer.
Section IX: Treating Skin Cancer.
Section X: Treating Sarcomas.
Section XI: Treating Central Nervous System Tumours.
Section XIII: Treating Cancers of the Eye and Associated Structures.
Critical review of the literature, both individual trials and systematic reviews and meta-analyses
Each chapter tries to answer a series of clinically pertinent questions