The Hands-on Guide to Imaging
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
'I think that this book is an excellent idea.' 4th year medical student
The hands-on guide to imaging takes a systems focused approach and is very easy to consult when on the job. Written to help you get the most of your Radiology department, this book gives you:
- Pointers on how to evaluate the appropriate Radiology required
- Reference on patient care and preparation
- Guidance on analysing results and patient feedback
- Advice on following the correct procedures
- The best information about imaging techniques
- 150 detailed images
- Help on how to deal effectively with the Radiology department
- Health and Safety advice
- Hints on how to organise paperwork and work through the mass of hospital forms
- Details on how to manage budgets effectively
- A quick reference, pocket-sized reassurance
This book intends to help you understand the practical issues that aren't taught at Medical School. Why not see for yourself how it can help you?
Chapter 1 Making Best Use of the Radiology Department.
Chapter 2 Imaging Techniques.
Chapter 3 Respiratory system.
Chapter 4 Cardiovascular System.
Chapter 5 The Upper Gastrointestinal Tract.
Chapter 6 The Lower Gastrointestinal Tract.
Chapter 7 Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Imaging.
Chapter 8 The Breast.
Chapter 9 Musculoskeletal System.
Chapter 10 The Neck.
Chapter 11 The Urogenital Tract.
Chapter 12 Central Nervous System.
He is the co-editor of another Blackwell Publishing title, Cases in Surgical Radiology, which was published in September 2001.
- Covers a wide spectrum of imaging modalities that junior doctors are likely to encounter and use on the wards.
- Covers the role of imaging in diagnosing and managing a variety of common conditions
- Chapters will take a systems based approach,
- High quality illustrations cover all commonly encountered medical and surgical conditions
- Identifies the practical issues of imaging
- Includes a section on how to get the best out of your local Radiology dept and how to prepare patients for imaging.
- Written in a reader-friendly style with good use of bullet points and key facts
- Pocket-sized and affordable