February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Rapid Surgery is the sixth title in the new Rapid series and is the ideal companion for medical students and junior doctors, covering key facts in a simple and memorable fashion, using a mnemonic to aid recall. The text contains over 100 common surgical conditions and over 30 practical surgical procedures. The book contains over 35 illustrations and radiographs of numerous conditions to help aid in consolidating memory. Arranged in A-Z format, each topic is covered using the same headings - Definition, Aetiology, Associations / Risk Factors, Epidemiology, History, Examination, Pathology, Investigations, Management, Complications and Prognosis.
The surgical procedures are divided using the headings - Indication, Anatomy, Preoperative Investigations, Procedure, Complications and Prognosis.
- A-Z format for easy and rapid access to information
- Strict organisation of facts on each page following the new Rapid series mnemonic with one side set aside for each condition
- Includes drawings to help vizualise difficult concepts
- Handy pocketbook for quick reference in a surgical setting
- Written by students and junior doctors with expert editorial advice
Rapid Surgery is authored by a team of students and junior doctors from the Royal Free and University Medical School, London.