Phonetic Analysis of Speech Corpora
April 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- An introduction to the quantitative analysis of speech signal processing, computer programming, and statistical techniques in speech sciences
- Helps the reader to develop the necessary skills to create, query, and analyze speech
- Taking a workbook approach, provides an extensive set of exercises with answers for solving problems in phonetics and laboratory phonology
- Uses examples that can be recreated using online samples of acoustic and articulatory speech corpora, and the freely available R software
- Uses text instead of equations where possible, creating an introduction to the subject that is accessible for students from a non-technical background