The Sociology of Gender: An Introduction to Theory and Research
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Gender is one of the most important topics in the field of sociology, and as a system of social practices it inspires a multitude of theoretical approaches. The Sociology of Gender offers an introductory overview of gender theory and research, offering a unique and compelling approach.
- Treats gender as a multilevel system operating at the individual, interactional, and institutional levels.
- Stresses conceptual and theoretical issues in the sociology of gender.
- Offers an accessible yet intellectually sophisticated approach to current gender theory and research.
- Includes pedagogical features designed to encourage critical thinking and debate.
- Closer Look readings at the end of each chapter give a unique perspective on chapter topics by presenting relevant articles by leading scholars.