Theology and Film: Challenging the Sacred/Secular Divide
January 2008, ©2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
This introductory textbook uses appreciation of film to explore debates between theology and contemporary culture. It examines both method and theory and features a range of film examples throughout.
- Explores how film can enrich our study of theology, opening up debates surrounding contemporary culture and theological inquiry
- Addresses a broad range of themes, including religion and the sacred, human dignity, eschatology, war and peace, violence, justice, feminism, and the environment
- Includes sections on methodological considerations as well as theoretical perspectives
- Features examples from a range of films, including Unforgiven, The Passion of Christ, An Inconvenient Truth, Jarhead, Something’s Gotta Give, and Vanilla Sky
- Accompanied by website resources available at www.blackwellpublishing.com/theologyandfilm.