Microbial Diversity: Form and Function in Prokaryotes
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This book offers the first comprehensive, in-depth treatment of microbial diversity for undergraduate and graduate students. Using a global approach, Microbial Diversity illustrates the impact of microorganisms on ecological and Earth system phenomena.
- Accompanied by a devoted website with resources for both instructors and students: www.blackwellpublishing.com/ogunseitan
- Uses key ecological and global phenomena to show the continuity of microbial contribution.
- Illustrates the importance of microbial diversity for the understanding of global physiochemical and biological processes.
- Presents analyses of microscopic, culture, molecular, and phylogenetic systematic methods.
- Shows the relevance of microbial diversity to global environmental problems, such as climate change and ozone depletion.
- Features numerous illustrations, including over 60 4-color photographs of microbes.