Essential Animal Behavior
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- Coverage ranges from the genetic and neurobiological control of behavior to the learning, development, and function of behavior in an evolutionary context.
- Includes examples from both marine and terrestrial environments around the world.
- Social behavior is covered throughout the text.
- Places current research alongside classic examples.
- Puts the study of animal behavior in an applied context, emphasizing the implications of animal welfare and animal conservation.
- Includes carefully designed features to meet the needs of students coming to the subject for the first time, such as key concept boxes, chapter summaries, guided reading to aid revision and further stugy, case studies and boxed examples to reinforce essential points and questions for discussion.
- Essential reading for degree-level students following modular programs in biology, zoology, marine biology and psychology