Soil Erosion and Conservation, 3rd Edition
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Features of the third edition of this internationally recognised textbook include:
- New material on gully erosion, tillage practices, erosion risk assessment, use of erosion models, incentives for farmers and land users, and community approaches to erosion control
- Updated sections on the mechanics of wind erosion, soil erodibility, use of vegetation in erosion control, traditional soil conservation measures, socio-economic issues and the role of government
- Describes the methods used to assess the risk of erosion and predict rates of soil loss
- Outlines the social, economic, political and institutional constraints on implementing soil protection measures
- Covers erosion and its control for agriculture, grazing, forestry, mining land, road banks, pipeline corridors and recreation
- Provides worldwide coverage of the success and failure of erosion control using material from Europe, Africa, Australia, America and Asia
An Instructor manual CD-ROM for this title is available. Please contact our Higher Education team at HigherEducation@wiley.com for more information.