Re-Scripting Walt Whitman: An Introduction to His Life and Work
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
· An innovative introductory guide to Walt Whitman.
· Weaves together the writer’s life with an examination of his works.
· Focuses especially on Whitman’s evolving masterpiece Leaves of Grass.
· Examines the material conditions and products of Whitman’s “scripted life”, including his original manuscripts.
· Investigates Whitman’s “life in print” – his belief that he could literally embody himself in his books.
· Linked to a large electronic archive of Whitman’s work at www.whitmanarchive.org