Lecture Notes: Paediatrics, 8th Edition
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
* New chapters on emergency paediatrics and preparing for clinical exams in paediatrics and child health
* Feature boxes detailing clinical information, tips, extra information and current guidelines
* OSCE stations in most chapters to assist with examination preparation
* Over 180 Extended Matching Questions (EMQs) for self-assessment with clear explanatory answers to enhance learning
Measurement and Conversion.
1 Children and Their Health.
2 Parents and Children: Listening and.
3 Examination of Children.
4 Developmental Assessment.
5 Preparing for Clinical Examinations in.
Paediatrics and Child Health.
6 Emergency Paediatrics.
7 Fetal Medicine.
8 Birth and the Newborn Infant.
9 Disorders of the Newborn.
11 Abnormal Growth and Sex Development.
12 The Child with Learning Problems.
14 Emotional and Behavioural Problems.
16 Respiratory Medicine.
17 Ear, Nose and Throat.
19 Bones and Joints.
21 Immunization and Infections.
22 Urinary Tract.
24 Neoplastic Disease.
25 Endocrine and Metabolic disorders.
26 Accidents and Non-Accidents.
Extended Matching Questions.
Answers to Extended Matching.
Dr Jonathan Darling - Consultant in Paediatrics and Child Health, St James' Hospital, Leeds. Paediatrics Course Manager for the MBChB at the University of Leeds.
- Concise, no-nonsense coverage of the core paediatric curriculum in short accessible chapters
- Focuses on what the student needs to know
- Includes key points and case histories to assist learning
- New OSCEs for self-assessment in each chapter