Philosophy, Methodology and Educational Research
October 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
2. The Myth of ‘Scientific Method’ in Contemporary Educational Research: Darrell Rowbottom and Sarah Aiston.
3. As if by Machinery: the Levelling of Educational Research: Richard Smith.
4. ‘A demented form of the familiar’: Postmodernism and Educational Research: Maggie MacLure.
5. The Disciplines and Discipline of Educational Research: David Bridges.
6. Consistency, Understanding and Truth in Educational Research: Andrew Davis.
7. No Harm Done: The Implications for Educational Research of the Rejection of Truth: Stefan Ramaekers.
8. The Quantitative-Qualitative Distinction and the Null Hypothesis Significance Testing Procedure: Nimal Ratnesar and Jim Mackenzie.
9. A View from Somewhere: Explaining the Paradigms of Educational Research: Hanan Alexander.
10. Philosophy, Methodology and Action Research: Wilfred Carr.
11. Educational Research as a Form of Democratic Rationality: John Elliott.
12. Philosophical Research and Educational Action Research: Marianna Papastephanou.
13. Why Generalisability is not Generalisable: Lynn Fendler.
14. On Generalising from Single Case Studies: Epistemological Reflections: Colin W. Evers and Echo H. Wu.
15. Epistemological Issues in Phenomenological Research: How Authoritative are People’s Accounts of their own Perceptions?: Bas Levering.
16. Reasons and Causes in Educational Research: Overcoming Dichotomies and Other Conceptual Confusions: Paul Smeyers.
17. Philosophy’s Contribution to Social Science Research on Education: Martin Hammersley.
18. US Graduate Study in Education Research: From Methodology to Potential Totalization: Lynda Stone.
19. Shovelling Smoke? The Experience of Being a Philosopher on a Research Training Programme: Judith Suissa.
20. Induction into Educational Research Networks: The Striated and the Smooth: Naomi Hodgson and Paul Standish.
21. The Contested Nature of Empirical Educational Research (and Why Philosophy of Education Offers Little Help): D.C. Phillips.
22. On the Limits of Empirical Educational Research, Beyond the Fantasy: A Rejoinder to D.C. Phillips: Paul Smeyers.