Metaphysics in Science
June 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Scientific Realism and Metaphysics: Stathis Psillos.
3. Kinds and Essences: John Heil.
4. Kinds, Essences and Powers: Stephen Mumford.
5. Laws and Essences: Alexander Bird.
6. Universals, the Essential Problem and Categorical Properties: Brian Ellis
- A collection of original papers by philosophers whose work is at the forefront of debate about the relevance of substantial metaphysical theories to science.
- Responds in particular to recent publications by Brian Ellis on scientific essentialism, especially on the topics of laws, natural kinds and realism.
- Contains a new paper by Brian Ellis, commentary and criticism from philosophers on Ellis’s work, and a reply by Ellis to his critics.
Metaphysics in Science (US $39.95)
-and- Developing Deontology: New Essays in Ethical Theory (US $34.95)
Total List Price: US $74.90
Discounted Price: US $56.17 (Save: US $18.73)