Cultural Studies: An Anthology
May 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Cultural Studies: An Anthology is a comprehensive collection of classic and contemporary essays in the diverse field of cultural studies. It is designed for classroom use in a variety of settings and departments, from communications and film studies to literature and anthropology. With an international scope and interdisciplinary approach, this book represents the diversity, depth, and leading scholarship of this complex field.
- A blockbuster anthology bringing together classic and contemporary essays in the fragmented field of cultural studies
- Takes an international and interdisciplinary approach, representing the diversity, depth, and leading scholarship of this complex field
- Offers a range of important perspectives on key topics, including policy, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, identity, visual culture, and diaspora
- Provides an overview of the history of the discipline, and argues for better placement of cultural studies within the academy
- Designed for classroom use in a variety of settings and departments, from communications and film studies to literature and anthropology, contextualizing essays with helpful introductory material and extensive bibliographic citations
- Michael Ryan is an internationally renowned academic and author; he is supported here by an global advisory board of leading scholars