Technology of Bottled Water, 2nd Edition
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This book is unique in providing an overview of the science and technology of the bottled waters industry. The second edition has been strengthened by bringing in a US co-Editor, and the coverage has been thoroughly revised and considerably extended. A new chapter is included on cleaning and disinfection.
The book provides a definitive source of reference for beverage technologists, packaging technologists, analytical chemists, microbiologists and health and safety personnel.
1. Introduction (Dorothy Senior and Nicholas J. Dege).
2. Market Development of Bottled Waters (Duncan Finlayson).
3. Categories of Bottled Water (Nicholas J. Dege).
4. Hydrogeology of Bottled Waters (Mike Streetly, Rod Mitchell and Melanie Walters).
5. Water Treatments (Jean-Louis Croville and Jean Cantet).
6. Bottling Water - Maintaining Safety and Integrity Through the Process (Dorothy Senior).
7. Filling Equipment (Fred G. Vickers and John Medling).
8. Cleaning and Disinfection in the Bottled Water Industry (Winnie Louie and David Reuschlein).
9. Quality Management (Dorothy Senior).
10. Bottled Water Coolers (Michael Barnett).
11. Third-Party Auditing of Bottled Water Operations (Bob Tanner).
12. Microbiology of Natural Mineral Waters (Henri Leclerc and Milton S. Da Costa).
13. Microbiology of Treated Bottled Water (Stephen C. Edberg).
Nicholas Dege, Supply Chain Manager, Nestlé Waters North America, Calistoga, California, USA
The Editors are industrialists based in Europe and the United States
Chapter authors have been drawn from major bottled water companies and respected academic laboratories
Chapters are included on Quality Management, Third Party Auditing and microbiological aspectsThere is a completely new chapter on Cleaning and Disinfection
International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2006
"To launch a reliable and safe product onto the market, and make it a success, required expert knowledge of a whole range of legislative and technological issues. The new second edition of Technology of Bottled Watere is an essential guide to anyone involved in ensuring the product reaching the shelves is all it claims to be."
"Engineers and scientists with existing expertise in at least one area will find it useful for developing a broader A to Z appreciation of the industry. It should also be of value to others wanting more background knowledge on what makes a bottled water."
bottledwaterworld, Issue 28, 2005
"This book, a 2nd edition, provides an overview of the science and technology of bottled water. It is a definitive source of reference for beverage technologists, packaging technologists, analytical chemists, microbiologists, and health and safety personnel."
Food Science & Technology Abstracts, Vol 37 (3) 2005
“…this book is a second edition…chapters have been updated [plus] inclusion of [a] chapter on cleaning and disinfection. The topics in the book are clearly explained and well discussed from global viewpoint. It [will be an] excellent source of information to beverage and packaging technologists, microbiologists, hygiene specialists and persons involved in research and academia.”
Carbohydrate Polymers, Vol 60 (4) 2005
From reviews of the first edition:
"Essential reading for anybody working on the microbiology of drinking water of all kinds"
Microbiology Today, review of 1st edition
"Destined to become a definitive reference work for the bottled water industry"
Spas Research Fellowship, review of 1st edition
"Eminently readable and highly informative. An essential purchase for anyone with an interest in water"
International Journal of Food Science and Technology, review of 1st edition