Ancient Greek Religion: A Sourcebook
October 2009, ©2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Ancient Greek Religion: Historical Sources in Translation presents a wide range of documents relating to the religious world of the ancient Greeks from the earliest surviving literature to around the end of the fourth century BCE.
- Presents a wide range of documents relating to the religious world of the ancient Greeks, from the earliest surviving literature to around the end of the fourth century BCE
- Provides extensive background information for readers with no previous knowledge of classical studies
- Brings together new and rare passages for comparison – with occasional new interpretations – to appeal to professionals
- Offers a variety of less frequently examined material and looks at familiar texts in new ways
- Includes the use of extensive cross-referencing to indicate the interconnectedness of different aspects of religious practice and thought
- Includes the most comprehensive commentary and updated passages available in a single volume