Strategic Human Resource Management, 2nd Edition
January 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
Part I: Overview of SHRM.
1. Looking Inside for Competitive Advantage: Jay B. Barney.
2. Understanding Human Resource Management in the Context of Organizations and Their Environments: Susan E. Jackson and Randall S. Schuler.
3. Implications of the Converging Economy for Human Resource Management: Suzanne Zivnuska, David J. Ketchen, Jr. and Charles C. Snow.
4. Human Resources and the Resource Based View of the Firm: Patrick M. Wright, Benjamin B. Dunford and Scott A. Snell.
5. The Complex Resource-Based View: Implications for Theory and Practice in Strategic Human Resource Management: Barry A. Colbert.
6. Alignment of Human Resources and Their Impact on Business Performance: Dave Ulrich.
Part II : Global Dimensions.
7. Converting Global Presence into Global Competitive Advantage: Anil K. Gupta and Vijay Govindarajan.
8. Human Resource Strategy in International Context: Paul R. Sparrow and Werner Braun.
9. Reframing Global Mindset: From Thinking to Acting: Vladimir Pucik.
10. A Quarter-Century Review of Human Resource Management in the U.S.: The Growth in Importance of the International Perspective: Randall S. Schuler and Susan E. Jackson.
11. European Human Resource Management: Researching Developments over Time: Wolfgang Mayrhofer and Chris Brewster.
12. HRM in China: Fang Lee Cooke.
13. HRM in India: Debi S. Saini and Pawan S. Budhwar.
Part III: Strategy into Action.
14. HR Strategy and Competitive Advantage in the Service Sector: Peter Boxall.
15. Managing the Human Resource Architecture for Knowledge-Based Competition: David P. Lepak and Scott A. Snell.
16. New HR Metrics: Scoring on the Business Scorecard: Richard W. Beatty, Mark A. Huselid and Craig Eric Schneier.
17. Strategies for Responsible Restructuring: Wayne F. Cascio.
Part IV: Role of the HR Department and HR Professionals.
18. The Three-Dimensional People Strategy: Putting Human Resources Policies into Action: Lynda Gratton and Catherine Truss.
19. Seeing the Elephant: Human Resource Management Challenges in the Age of Globalization: Mark E. Mendenhall, J.Stewart Black, Robert J. Jensen, and Hal B. Gregersen.
20. The Changing Role of the Corporate HR Function in Global Organizations of the Twenty-first Century: Milorad M. Novicevic and Michael Harvey.
21. People Processing Systems and Human Resource Strategy: Shaun Tyson and Doone Selbie.
22. Strategic Human Resource Management: A Look to the Future: David P. Lepak.
Susan E. Jackson is Professor of Human Resource Strategy at GSBA-Zurich and the School of Management and Labor Relations at Rutgers. Her published works address a variety of issues in strategic human resource management, including managing knowledge-based organizations.
- Completely new and updated second edition of this popular volume in strategic human resource management (SHRM).
- Contains selections of important and highly readable articles from worldwide authors.
- Charts key developments that have changed the theory and practice of SHRM over the last six years.
- Covers issues of globalization and knowledge management, and their effect on the field of HRM and SHRM.
- Includes more articles that discuss international aspects of HRM and SHRM and that demonstrate the use of HRM and SHRM for global competitive advantage.
- Explores and highlights the new reality of knowledge management and its implications for HRM and SHRM.