The Norsemen in the Viking Age
July 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
List of Abbreviations.
3. Communities and Associations.
4. Districts and Territories.
Postscript: Modern Research.
A: Dynastic Identities.
C: Weights and Measures.
- Considers the Nordic peoples in Viking times without undue recourse to developmental theories.
- Guides readers through some of the scholarly controversies surrounding these peoples.
- Illustrated by reference to runic, poetic and archaeological evidence.
"[A] thought-provoking survey of, and engagement with, the whole gamut of Viking-age activities and resulting scholarship." Saga Book
"This book is an absolute delight, a quirky, hard-hitting potpourri to be dipped into and savoured by anyone even remotely interested in the period … Altogether this is a lively, provocative and stimulating book, strongly recommended to anyone with interest in early medieval Europe or indeed any reader seeking entertainment." History July 2007