Hinduism: A Reader
January 2008, ©2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- A student-friendly Reader, combining passages from scriptures with excerpts from the work of leading scholars in the field
- Introduces students to the main textual, regional, intellectual, philosophical, historical, and contemporary traditions of the Hindu faith
- Includes excerpts from both canonical ancient texts and thought-provoking contemporary texts to offer a balanced overview of the religion
- Features selections that are concise without sacrificing essential material
- Provides clearly written introductions to each section that help situate the readings within the wider context of Hindu scholarship.