Postwar Hollywood: 1946-1962
September 2007, ©2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- A comprehensive introductory textbook exploring the unique period in the history of the film industry after World War II
- Examines the cultural history, business practices, new technologies, censorship standards, emerging genres, and styles of post-war cinema
- Chronicles the restructuring of Hollywood cinema against the backdrop of the major political, economic, and social changes taking place after World War II
- Features in-depth discussions of important films from Picnic, The Heiress, and From Here to Eternity, to Cat On A Hot Tin Roof and Love Me or Leave Me
- Illustrates the culture/filmmaking interface, and demonstrates the triumphs and failures of Hollywood's new methods of business
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Postwar Hollywood: 1946-1962 (US $51.95)
-and- Hollywood Film 1963-1976: Years of Revolution and Reaction (US $41.95)
Total List Price: US $93.90
Discounted Price: US $70.42 (Save: US $23.48)