Genes, Culture, and Human Evolution: A Synthesis
October 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Introduction by L. Luca Cavalli-Sforza.
1. Genetic and Cultural Theory: A Brief Overview.
2. Human Descent and Paleoanthropology.
3. Foundations of Classical and Molecular Genetics.
4. Genetics as a Key to Human Origins and Prehistory.
5. Fundamentals of Human Evolution: Mutation and Natural Selection.
6. Fundamentals of Human Evolution: Drift, Migration, and Quantitative Analysis of Human Genetic Diversity.
7. Cultural Evolution.
8. Geography of Human Genes and Correlation with Languages.
9. The Prehistory of Human Genes.
10. Voyages: Prehistoric Human Expansions.
11. The Neolithic Transition in Europe and the Peopling of the Americas.
12. Genes, Kinship, and Identity.
13. Cultural Clines, Clades, Cycles, and Waves: The Process of Cultural Evolution.
14. Genes and Culture in Medicine.
Appendix 1. The Denaturing High Performance Liquid Chromatography (DHPLC) Technique.
Appendix 2. The Hardy–Weinberg Theorem.
Appendix 3. A Simulation of Drift.
Appendix 4. The Diversification of Languages.