Greek Political Thought
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
This wide-ranging history of ancient Greek political thought shows what ancient political texts might mean to citizens of the twenty-first century.
- A provocative and wide-ranging history of ancient Greek political thought
- Demonstrates what ancient Greek works of political philosophy might mean to citizens of the twenty-first century
- Examines an array of poetic, historical, and philosophical texts in an effort to locate Greek political thought in its cultural context
- Pays careful attention to the distinctively ancient connections between politics and ethics
- Structured around key themes such as the origins of political thought, political self-definition, revolutions in political thought, democracy and imperialism