Global Journalism Research: Theories, Methods, Findings, Future
February 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Global Journalism Research offers a diversity of theoretical and methodological approaches for studying journalists and journalism around the world. It charts the opportunities and challenges facing journalism research in an increasingly global field.
- Brings together an elite team of contributors to create a comprehensive overview of journalism research and its different approaches, methods, and paradigms around the world
- Examines the impact of developments in journalism that have resulted in it becoming an international phenomenon with global networks, no longer able to operate solely within national or cultural borders
- Considers the theoretical frameworks necessary for journalists to embrace recent economic, political, and cultural changes - impacting on our basic definitions of journalism
- Explores the issue of the increasingly blurring line between entertainment and news, as well as the formerly clear division between journalism, public relations and business communication
- Draws on examples of journalism research from Asia, Africa, Western and Eastern Europe, and North and Latin America