The Science of Compassionate Love: Theory, Research, and Applications
August 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Part I: Definitions, Theory, and Measurement.
1. Compassionate Love: A Framework for Research (Lynn G. Underwood, Hiram College).
2. Compassionate Love: Conceptual, Measurement, and Relational Issues (Beverley Fehr, University of Winnipeg and Susan Sprecher, Illinois State University).
3. Measuring Prosocial Behavior, Altruism, and Compassionate Love on US Television (Stacy L. Smith, University of Southern California, Sandi W. Smith, Michigan State University, Katherine M. Pieper, University of Southern California, Edward Downs, Penn State University, Jina H. Yoo, University of Missouri, St. Louis, Becka Bowden, Michigan Bankers Association, Amber Ferris, Kent State University, and Matthew C. Butler, Office of Health and Human Services, State of Michigan).
Part II: The Sociodemographics of Compassionate Love.
4. Love and Caring in the United States: Trends and Correlates of Empathy, Altruism, and Related Constructs (Tom W. Smith, University of Chicago).
5. Compassionate Motivation and Compassionate Acts across the Adult Life Course: Evidence from US National Studies (Nadine F. Marks, University of Wisconsin-Madison and Jieun Song, University of Wisconsin-Madison).
Part III: Compassionate Love in Close Relationships.
6. Empathy and Compassionate Love in Early Childhood: Development and Family Influence (Brenda L. Volling, Amy M. Kolak, and Denise E. Kennedy, University of Michigan).
7. Compassionate Love in Early Marriage (Lisa A. Neff, University of Toledo and Benjamin R. Karney, University of California, Los Angeles).
Part IV: Compassionate Love for Non-Close Others.
8. A Behavioral Systems Perspective on Compassionate Love (Mario Mikulincer, Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya, Phillip R. Shaver, University of California, Davis, and Omri Gillath, University of Kansas).
9. Compassionate Acts: Motivations for and Correlates of Volunteerism among Older Adults (Allen M. Omoto, Claremont Graduate University, Anna M. Malsch, Portland State University, and Jorge A. Barraza, Claremont Graduate University).
10. Compassionate Love for Individuals in Other Social Groups (Salena Brody Collin, County Community College, Stephen C. Wright, Simon Fraser University, Arthur Aron, State University of New York at Stony Brook, and Tracy McLaughlin-Volpe, Boston College).
Part V: Compassionate Love in Health Care and Other Caregiving Contexts.
11. Compassionate Family Caregiving in the Light and Shadow of Death (Linda J. Roberts, Meg Wise, and Lori L. DuBenske, University of Wisconsin-Madison).
12. Compassionate Clinicians: Exemplary Care in Hospital Settings (David R. Graber, Medical University of South Carolina and Maralynne D. Mitcham, College of Health Professions).
13. Caregiving in Sociocultural Context (Norman D. Giesbrecht, University of Calgary).
Part VI: Compassionate Love in an Intercultural Context.
14. Testing Aspects of Compassionate Love in a Sample of Indonesian Adolescents (Julie Vaughan, Nancy Eisenberg, Arizona State University, Doran C. French, Illinois Wesleyan University, Urip Purwono, Universitas Padjadjaran, Telie A. Suryanti (associate consultant), and Sri Pidada (deceased).
Part VII: Commentary.
15. Compassionate Love: Concluding Reflections (Daniel Perlman, University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Rozzana Sánchez Aragón, National Autonomous University of Mexico).
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Science of Compassionate Love: Theory, Research, and Applications (US $115.95)
Total List Price: US $132.90
Discounted Price: US $99.67 (Save: US $33.23)