Basic Guide to Dental Procedures
July 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Written as an introductory guide for the whole dental team, it makes no attempt to explain the theory and clinical technique behind each procedure in detail. Rather, with the aid of ‘before and after’ colour illustration it offers sufficient overview to enable the reader to understand and explain procedures to their patient with confidence.
Each section is clearly structured to cover the reasoning behind the treatment described, the relevant dental background, the basics of how each procedure is carried out and if applicable, aftercare information.
2. Oral Hygiene Instruction.
3. Scaling and Polishing.
4. Diagnostic Techniques.
5. Tooth Restoration With Fillings.
6. Tooth Restoration with Crowns, Bridges or Veneers.
7. Tooth Restoration with Endodontic Techniques.
8. Tooth Extraction.
9. Tooth Replacement with Dentures.
10. Tooth Replacement with Implants.
11. Tooth Alignment with Orthodontic Braces.
12. Tooth Whitening