Islamic Art and Visual Culture: An Anthology of Sources
April 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Islamic Art and Visual Culture is a collection of primary sources in translation accompanied by clear and concise introductory essays that provide unique insights into the aesthetic and cultural history of one of the world's major religions.
- Collects essential translations from sources as diverse as the Qur'an, court chronicles, technical treatises on calligraphy and painting, imperial memoirs, and foreign travel accounts
- Includes clear and concise introductory essays
- Situates each text and explains the circumstances in which it was written--the date, place, author, and political conditions
- Provides a vivid window into Islamic visual culture and society
- An indispensable tool for teachers and students of art and visual culture